At Keighley Furniture you can help by donating old or unwanted furniture to aid us in our work. Our aim is simple in that when people are housed we wish for them to live comfortably. We really strive so that people can make their houses into homes.
What are the benefits of donating?
At least three good reasons to donate your unwanted furniture and household items:
- Your donation will help people on low-incomes unable to buy the things they need to make a house a home.
- Save space in local landfill sites, help the environment and lower your carbon footprint.
- Doing your bit towards local reuse and recycling and helping Bradford Council achieve their targets environmentally.
And donating to Keighley Furniture Project is easy, we collect free of charge and will take most items in good condition.
What Do we Collect
Keighley Furniture Project collects most white goods and items of furniture including:
- Fridges, Freezers & Fridge/Freezers If they are in full working order
- Electric & Gas Cookers
- Washing machines & Tumble Dryers
- Electric fires & Heaters (not gas fires)
- Small appliances e.g. kettles, toasters, irons, lamps
- Bedroom furniture & Beds
- Tables & Chairs
- Bedding & Curtains
Collections are made Monday to Fridays between 8-30am – 3-30pm. Usually a time slot is offered either morning (8-30am – 12.30pm) or afternoon (12pm – 3-30pm). We aim to collect most items within 2 to 3 days dependent on area as we group collections together to reduce fuel consumption and to maximize time spent collecting and delivering.
All our collections are made at the discretion of the drivers as they know the sort of items we can pass on. A general rule is that all items need to be in a good, clean condition and comply with current fire safety regulations. Beds are accepted proving the mattresses are completely unmarked (pine bed frames are accepted without mattresses). Electrical items ideally need to be in working order although minor repairs are carried out at Keighley Furniture Project so it is worth contacting us to check first.
To arrange a collection please ring 01535 601999 (Monday to Friday between 8.30am & 3-15pm) or by email on the button below.